Saturday, May 10, 2008

Class Survey


1) I want to study English because I would like to improve my writing skills: grammar, speak good English to get ahead in my profession/career. Even, in my back country (India) I used to study English subjects but I don’t know the grammar concepts exactly. In addition, If I good English skills then I will teach to my parents and my some Indian relatives.
2) The subjects that I want to major in are AutoCAD, Micro station (computer soft wares).I took some of the CAD courses in winter at Southern Alberta institution technology at Calgary. But my English is not strong enough to get ahead in my next course that is the main reason I took EAP (English Academic programs) classes at University of Calgary.
3) In my career I would like to have drafting job because art is my passion it doesn’t matter to me that I’m drawing on the computer or I’m drawing on the art book. Also, I like to do CAD projects on the computer soft wares. Second thing that I want to mention is that my dad is also a Drafting piping Designer; if I need some kind of help then he will tell me about those projects.
4) I like the most thing in my free time is playing basketball with my brother at home or sometimes at the city playgrounds. I like to play this game because in India I am a state level in basketball, I like everything about basketball: watching basketball matches, playing basketball computer games, dribbling etc.
5) I do study English outside of class is reading novels, watching Canadian couture shows, talking with my friends: usually who speak English. I do work on the weekends at Wendy’s restaurant so over there I usually talk with customers and with my manager.
6) Rite now I didn’t sign for any course because first I have to finish my EAP (English Academic programs), then I have to sign up for my drafting courses: Microstation, Autoflow, 2D& 3D Animations at Southern Alberta institution technology.
7) The most difficult thing about learning English is doing presentations because it’s hard for me to express our views front of the students. My English accent is not strong enough then some students have hard time to find it what I’m trying to say.
8) The most difficult thing about going to college is travelling a bus because rite now I live in white horn area and my college is very far from my college so I took bus everyday at 6.30am and it takes me one hour fifteen minute to reach my college. So, I think its waste of time so I don’t like to waste my time every single day. 9) The easiest thing about learning English is reading horror novels because in the novels there are lots of interesting stories to read. Also in horror novels there lots of difficult vocabulary in it .So, I like to know difficult words in my life.
10) The skill that I need to improve my English is Grammar because I am very weak in writing the other thing is that in India we usually learn British English over there. So, sometime I get confused between United States English and British English.

1 comment:

Desert Surfer said...

Hello Preet,

Nice to read your first blog entry. Try to make learning English fun for you in order not to lose your enthusiams. Since you like basketball, read about it in English. when you get confused about British vs. American grammar, please pose your question in class. As for your accent, I think you have a beautiful accent. Let's focus in our presentations on our ideas instead of people so we can do an excellent job. The point is not having an accent or not, but to be understood clearly and to communicate effectively.

Nice having you in class.

Best,

Zalfa